What Are The Best Protein Bars For Women? (2020)
Protein bars have standards that are changing every day, just like diets. Some protein bars have fruits and other superfoods to provide the sugar. Others don’t have the sugar and have more protein in them. However, they also have artificial flavorings that may not be desirable. Some even seem to have insane amounts of fiber while others have very little.
Lately, the world of dieting has made a change of perspective to correct this. The focus isn’t as keen on fat and calories and more on the ingredients, and whether they are clean and, above all, readable. Protein bars have merrily joined in this upheaval, trying to keep up with the latest buzzwords floating around in the world of healthy eating.
The truth is that there are plenty of options out there, all of them with pros and cons. However, while this can be a good thing, it can also be a bad one. If you’re not sure what you want, or what you should even be looking for, you’re likely to spend more time than you really need to when scanning the protein bar section at the store. Also, if you are looking for more protein supplements check out our articles on the best hemp protein powder and the best pre workout for weight loss.
That’s what this article is about: to give you a list of the best protein bars for women so that you don’t have to loads of research that we’ve already done for you.
1. KIND® Caramel Almond & Sea Salt Bars
KIND bars manage to really shine among all the great protein bars we currently have in the market. They consistently get recommended by nutritionists and loved by consumers. They have a mix of seeds and nuts, which gives the assurance that they, at the very least, have some real food in them. They also provide you with 15 grams of carbs, which is enough to fuel your daily activities but not so much that it slows you down and you also get iron, calcium, and other important nutrients.
These bars also have a wide assortment of flavors, though the most popular one is the caramel, almond, and sea salt flavor. Each bar contains 5 grams of sugars and sugar alcohols, 6 grams of protein, and will provide you with 200 calories.
KIND® Caramel Almond & Sea Salt Bars
Top Recommended Protein Bar For Women
2. RXBAR Whole Food Protein Bar, Mint Chocolate
The chocolate mint version of these protein bars remind us of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, which immediately put them on our good side when we first tasted them. The key ingredients are cashews, almonds, dates, and egg whites. They also include unsweetened chocolate, peppermint oil, and some sea salt to give them that extra bit of flavor. Not only are these protein bars highly nutritious, but also delicious and simple.
You will get 12 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, and 210 calories from each bar. Don’t expect any artificial flavors here, or even added sugar. They are also free of soy, dairy, and gluten. Just in case you aren’t really that big on the mint flavor, you can choose from their other flavors.
RXBAR Whole Food Protein Bar, Chocolate Sea Salt
Best Tasting Protein Bar For Women
- Made with real food ingredients- 100% chocolate, egg whites for protein, dates to bind, nuts for texture. 12g of protein. 5g fiber. Gluten free.
- Paleo, check. Whole30, check. Guilt and gluten- free, double check. RXBARs are the perfect protein bar for any healthy lifestyle.
- Simple real food ingredients, no gluten, no added sugar*, and no B.S.
3. PowerBarProtein Bar
This protein bar is by far the best option for runners and other athletes who do a lot of endurance sports and exercises. Such exercises cost you a lot of energy. You will, therefore, need enough carbs to fuel you, even as you eat plenty of protein in your diet. This bar has plenty of carbs at 25 grams, especially when compared to the 20 grams of protein. The flavors are pretty delicious too, which include such options as vanilla, cookies and cream, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate brownie, among many others.
These bars also provide you with calcium and sodium, which are great at preventing cramping while also containing 4 grams of fiber per bar, which is good for your digestion. Each bar provides you with 210 calories which is perfect for taking one just before you head out for exercise or eating one when you are in a crunch during a busy day.
Best Protein Bar For Athletes
- Each bar contains 20g protein and 4g fiber.
- Delivering high quality protein, a good source of fiber, great taste in each bar, and are designed especially for everyday athletes.
- Available in 4 delicious flavors: Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookies and Cream, Vanilla, Peanut Butter Cookie.
- NO ARTIFICIAL Colors or Flavors, NO Trans Fat, GLUTEN FREE
Quest Nutrition Protein Bar
This is an excellent protein bar for those who are looking for a low-calorie option. They have very few carbs and a low-calorie count. Each bar contains 21 grams of protein and 14 grams of fiber while providing you with 200 calories. The carb content is only 4 grams and there is absolutely no added sugar. If you’re on a low-carb diet, these bars should be perfect for you.
The bars are made from a mix of whey protein and milk protein. They contain no soy or gluten.
Quest Nutrition Protein Bar
Best Protein Bar For Weight loss
- With 20-21 grams of protein and plenty of fiber, these delicious protein bars are gluten free, have no added sugar, and are free of unnecessary carbs.
- We only use complete, dairy-based proteins and create our own chocolate flavored chips, cookie pieces, and other inclusions to make every bite as delicious as your cravings.
- Developing and marketing innovative nutrition products that are both delicious and good for you.
This protein bar is an excellent choice for vegans who often find themselves at a loss when looking for a vegan-friendly protein-packed meal or snack. These protein bars are vegan, organic, kosher, and have zero gluten in them. They are also jam-packed with calories, with each bar yielding 270 calories and 10 grams of protein.
A strong point for these protein bars is their range of available flavors, including almond, coconut, almond butter, banana, sunflower butter chocolate, cashew caramel, and many others.
Most Accessible And Vesatile Protein Bar
- Combines plant-based protein with organic creamy peanut butter, chopped roasted peanuts, and organic, fair-trade chocolate chips.
- Certified Organic, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Non-GMO, C.L.E.A.N., R.A.W., and Soy-Free.
- Environmentally conscious, mother-daughter owned, and made with positive, plant-based ingredients.
ZonePerfect Nutrition Snack Bars
If you want a protein bar that doesn’t skimp on the vitamins, then these should be a great option for you. They have 15 grams of protein per bar while providing you with 19 different vitamins, including vitamins C and E, as well as plenty of minerals. They also don’t contain any artificial colors or flavors.
Speaking of flavors, these bars provide you with lots of different flavors, including chocolate chip cookie dough, double dark chocolate, pumpkin spice, and many others. Each bar yields 210 calories and 7 grams of fat, making them great for a low fat, low-calorie diet. Despite the low-calorie count, they are still quite filling and most consumers love them. They especially love that they don’t have the chalky taste that is common to protein bars out there.